Transit police travel with you every day to keep the systems safe from crime and terrorism. However, transit riders also play a vital role in assisting the police to identify suspicious activity or situations.
If you see something suspicious or out of place, say something to a transit employee or the transit police.
Never attempt to touch a suspicious package and assist the police by keeping others away from the area until trained professionals arrive.
Stay Alert for Suspicious Items
- Unattended boxes, packages, or cases
- Tanks or bottles of chemicals
- Notes or messages attached to suspicious packages
- Unidentified mist, gas, vapor or odor
- Liquids appearing to be leaking or seeping from suspicious items
- Visibly dangerous weapons
- Individuals in the act of abandoning packages or vehicles